A weekend walking break in Triglav National Park
A walking vacation for those who love alpine lakes backed by panoramic mountain vistas. The highlights of this walk are the famous Jasna Lake, Lake Bled and Lake Bohinj, along with Mt. Triglav National Park. A dedicated mountain tour through a dreamlike, picturesque landscape. Suitable for hikers of very average fitness and highly recommended for photography enthusiasts.
Day 1: ARRIVAL IN KRANJSKA GORA
The popular ski resort of Kranjska Gora, most famous for hosting the annual Alpine Ski World Cup Slalom every January, is the starting point for this tour. You will spend your first two nights here amid the jagged peaks of the western Julian Alps.
Day 2: KRANJSKA GORA – JASNA VALLEY – KRANJSKA GORA (intermediate, 5 hrs, ↔ 17 km, ↑↓ 460 m)
Today's itinerary takes you to the first of three enchanting lakes: the picturesque Lake Jasna. From there, you'll venture into the equally charming Jasna Valley, where the majestic Prisank and Razor Mountains form a breathtaking backdrop. Make sure to pause at Krnica hut for a taste of traditional homemade stew. On your return journey, consider a visit to the poignant "Russian Chapel," a moving tribute to Russian prisoners of war who lost their lives during WW1 while constructing the military road over Vršič Pass.
Day 3: RADOVNA VALLEY – VINTGAR GORGE – LAKE BLED (intermediate, 4 hrs, ↔ 14 km, ↑ 210 m, ↓ 320 m)
You will be transferred through the lush green Radovna Valley, framed by soaring mountain peaks, to where the Radovna River has carved the 150m-deep Vintgar Gorge. The trail leads along a wooden walkway through the gorge and onwards to the world-famous Bled Lake. Along the way you can stop at the Katarina Church viewpoint. Here you will get a unique view of Bled Castle. If you arrive early enough, head up to the castle for a great view of the church on the island.
Day 4: POKLJUKA – USKOVNICA SADLE – LAKE BOHINJ (intermediate, 4 hrs, ↔ 14 km, ↑ 30 m, ↓ 830 m)
Car transfer to the Pokljuka Plateau to begin your hike across mountain pastures and rustic farmhouses to a viewing point into the beautiful Bohinj Valley. As you descend, you can stop at the little historic village of Studor and journey back in time. Your final destination is Lake Bohinj. Framed in a dead end valley by the Julian Alps, Lake Bohinj is the pearl of the Triglav National Park.
Day 5: DEPARTURE
After breakfast or extension of your stay.
You may wish to continue hiking onward over our Goldhorn Trail!
Price per person in a double room sharing:
Low season: April 13 to May 10 and September 21 to October 12, 2024: 635 EUR
High season: May 11 to September 20, 2024: 665 EUR
• accommodation in hotels in a two-bed room with WC and shower, on a bed & breakfast basis
• transfers on days 3 and 4
• luggage transfer between hotels (one piece, max 23 kgs / 50 lb per person). - every additional piece 60 EUR per trip, payable on the spot
• tour description and maps in GUIBO application electronic form
• local tourist and other taxes
• welcome meeting
• backup service (hotline) during the walk
• single traveler 390 EUR - applies when a person travels alone
• single room 185 EUR low season, 210 EUR high season - applies when a person travels with a group
• printed information package including route notes and corresponding maps delivered upon arrival - 30 EUR
• 3* Hotel in Kranjska Gora 85 EUR per person per night in a standard double room, B&B. Single room 155 EUR
• 4* Hotel in Bled 130 EUR per person per night in a standard double room, B&B. Single room 170 EUR
• 4* Hotel in Bohinj/Ribčev Laz 115 EUR per person per night in a standard double room, B&B. Single room 165 EUR
• children up to 5 years: free of charge when sharing bed and room with parents
• children from 5 to 12 years: 40% discount on basic price when sleeping on auxiliary bed. sharing room with parents
• children from 5 to 12 years: 20% discount on basic price when sleeping on regular bed. sharing room with parents
• third adult in the room on auxiliary bed 10% (applies only to the third person)
Not included: entrance fees, lunches, drinks with meals, saunas and massages in hotels
Ljubljana Airport to Kranjska Gora
1–3 persons: 110 EUR
4–8 persons: 140 EUR
Ljubljana City to Kranjska Gora
1–3 persons: 130 EUR
4–8 persons: 180 EUR
Bohinj to Ljubljana Airport
1–3 persons: 130 EUR
4–8 persons: 170 EUR
Bohinj to Ljubljana City
1–3 persons: 150 EUR
4–8 persons: 190 EUR
Bohinj to Kranjska Gora
1–3 persons: 130 EUR
4–8 persons: 170 EUR
All prices per transfer, one way. No pooling permitted.
Helia is committed to promoting responsible travel. In our journeys, we prioritize the use of small, genuine hotels and guesthouses imbued with local character, often run by local families.
Day 1-2: 3* Hotel
Day 3: 4* Hotel
Day 4: 4* Hotel
Starting point of this trip is Kranjska Gora in NW Slovenia, at the Slovene / Austrian / Italian border.
By plane: closest airport is Ljubljana (LJU). Several airlines serve it (check details here). From the airport you can travel to Kranjska Gora by bus (change once in Kranj, takes about 3 hrs) or book our transfer - please ask us for a favorable quote!
By train: nearest railway stations are Tarvisio / Italy (useful for arrivals from Trieste or Venice), Villach / Austria (for arrivals from Munich or Vienna) or Jesenice / Slovenia for arrivals from Ljubljana.
By bus: Flixbus stops in Tarvisio (15 km away) and in Bled (45 km away)
By car: take exit Karavanke from the A1 motorway Ljubljana - Jesenice, Karavanke and then follow signposts to Kranjska Gora. From the motorway Villach - Venice, take exit Tarvisio in Italy or exit Villach West in Austria. Unguarded parking at first hotel for the duration of your trip, costs 5 EUR per night.
... and away
By plane: need to get to the airport? Our transfer to Ljubljana airport: return to the airport from Bohinj - please ask us for a favorable quote.
By train: Bohinj has a railway station at Bohinjska Bistrica, 5km from your last hotel. It is on the Jesenice - Nova Gorica sideline, only a few trains a day. Useful for travel in all directions.
By car: if your car is in Kranjska Gora, you can get there by local bus (change once in Lesce, travel time is around 2 hrs) or we can transfer you - please ask us for a favorable quote.