A weekend walking break in Triglav National Park
A walking vacation for those who love alpine lakes backed by panoramic mountain vistas. The highlights of this walk are the famous Jasna Lake, Lake Bled and Lake Bohinj, along with Mt. Triglav National Park. A dedicated mountain tour through a dreamlike, picturesque landscape. Suitable for hikers of very average fitness and highly recommended for photography enthusiasts.
Day 1: ARRIVAL IN KRANJSKA GORA
The popular ski resort of Kranjska Gora, most famous for hosting the annual Alpine Ski World Cup Slalom every January, is the starting point for this tour. You will spend your first night here amid the jagged peaks of the western Julian Alps.
Day 2: KRANJSKA GORA – JASNA VALLEY – KRANJSKA GORA (intermediate, 5 hrs, ↔ 17 km, ↑↓ 460 m)
Today you'll visit the first of three lakes - the beautiful Lake Jasna and then head into the equally lovely Jasna Valley, where you'll be greeted by the glorious mountain arena of the Prisank and Razor Mountains. Stop at Krnica hut for a traditional homemade stew. On the way back you can visit the “Russian Chapel” a touching monument dedicated to Russian POWs who died during WW1 while building the military road over Vršič Pass.
Day 3: RADOVNA VALLEY – VINTGAR GORGE – LAKE BLED (intermediate, 4 hrs, ↔ 14 km, ↑ 210 m, ↓ 320 m)
You will be transferred through the lush green Radovna Valley, framed by soaring mountain peaks, to where the Radovna River has carved the 150m-deep Vintgar Gorge. The trail leads along a wooden walkway through the gorge and onwards to the world-famous Bled Lake. Along the way you can stop at the Katarina Church viewpoint. Here you will get a unique view of Bled Castle. Your hotel overlooks the lake. If you arrive early enough, head up to the castle for a great view of the church on the island.
Day 4: POKLJUKA – USKOVNICA SADLE – LAKE BOHINJ (intermediate, 4 hrs, ↔ 14 km, ↑ 30 m, ↓ 830 m)
You will be driven by car up to the Pokljuka Plateau to begin your hike across mountain pastures and rustic farmhouses to a viewing point into the beautiful Bohinj Valley. As you descend, you can stop at the little historic village of Studor and journey back in time. Your final destination is Lake Bohinj. Framed in a dead end valley by the Julian Alps, Lake Bohinj is the pearl of the Triglav National Park.
Day 5: DEPARTURE
After breakfast or extension of your stay.
You may wish to continue hiking onward over our Goldhorn Trail!
Price per person in a double room sharing:
Low season: April 15 to May 12 and September 16 to October 14, 2023: 620 EUR
High season: May 13 to September 15, 2023: 745EUR
• accommodation in above listed hotels in a two-bed room with WC and shower, on a bed & breakfast basis
• car transfers on days three, four
• luggage transfer between hotels (one piece, max 20 kgs / 45 lb per person). Every additional piece 10 EUR, payable on the spot
• information pack including detailed route description and corresponding maps in electronic form
• GPS data
• local tourist and other taxes
• welcome meeting upon arrival
• backup service (hotline) during the walk
• single traveler 180 EUR
• single room 120 EUR
• printed information package in English including route notes and corresponding maps delivered upon arrival 30 EUR
• 3* Hotel in Kranjska Gora 85 EUR per person per night in a standard double room, B&B. Single room 135 EUR
• 4* Hotel in Bled 105 EUR per person per night in a standard double room, B&B. Single room 170 EUR
• 4* Hotel in Bohinj/Ribčev Laz 95 EUR per person per night in a standard double room, B&B. Single room 140 EUR
• children up to 5 years: free of charge when sharing bed and room with parents
• children from 5 to 12 years: 40% discount on basic price when sleeping on auxiliary bed. sharing room with parents
• children from 5 to 12 years: 20% discount on basic price when sleeping on regular bed. sharing room with parents
• third adult in the room on auxiliary bed 10% (applies only to the third person)
Not included: entrance fees, lunches, drinks with meals, saunas and massages in hotels
Ljubljana Airport to Kranjska Gora
1–3 persons: 110 EUR
4–8 persons: 140 EUR
Ljubljana City to Kranjska Gora
1–3 persons: 130 EUR
4–8 persons: 180 EUR
Bohinj to Ljubljana Airport
1–3 persons: 130 EUR
4–8 persons: 170 EUR
Bohinj to Ljubljana City
1–3 persons: 150 EUR
4–8 persons: 190 EUR
Bohinj to Kranjska Gora
1–3 persons: 130 EUR
4–8 persons: 170 EUR
Other transfer routes prices on request
Helia supports responsible travel. On our trips we therefore use small, authentic hotels and guesthouses with character operated by locals or their families. Here you can find the list of standard accommodation we primarily use on the trip. The actual hotels may differ from this list, depending on time of booking and rooms availability.
Day 1-2 3* Hotel Miklič / Kranjska Gora
Day 3 4* Hotel Triglav / Hotel Rikli Balance Bled
Day 4 4* Hotel Kristal Ribcev Laz / Bohinj
Starting point of this trip is Kranjska Gora in NW Slovenia, at the Slovene / Austrian / Italian border.
By plane: closest airport is Ljubljana (LJU). Several airlines serve it (check details here). From the airport you can travel to Kranjska Gora by bus (change once in Kranj, takes about 3 hrs) or book our transfer - please ask us for a favorable quote!
By train: nearest railway stations are Tarvisio / Italy (useful for arrivals from Trieste or Venice), Villach / Austria (for arrivals from Munich or Vienna) or Jesenice / Slovenia for arrivals from Ljubljana.
By bus: Flixbus stops in Tarvisio (15 km away) and in Bled (45 km away)
By car: take exit Karavanke from the A1 motorway Ljubljana - Jesenice, Karavanke and then follow signposts to Kranjska Gora. From the motorway Villach - Venice, take exit Tarvisio in Italy or exit Villach West in Austria. Unguarded parking at first hotel for the duration of your trip, costs 5 EUR per night.
... and away
By plane: need to get to the airport? Our transfer to Ljubljana airport: return to the airport from Bohinj - please ask us for a favorable quote.
By train: Bohinj has a railway station at Bohinjska Bistrica, 5km from your last hotel. It is on the Jesenice - Nova Gorica sideline, only a few trains a day. Useful for travel in all directions.
By car: if your car is in Kranjska Gora, you can get there by local bus (change once in Lesce, travel time is around 2 hrs) or we can transfer you - please ask us for a favorable quote.